Regulation of the Cold Rolling, Galvanized and Painted Sheet Metal Manufacturers Association (Sogad)
Article 1: NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION
The name of the association is “ASSOCIATION OF COLD ROLLED, GALVANIZED AND COATED COIL MANUFACTURERS (SOGAD)”.
Article 2: ASSOCIATION HEADQUARTERS
The association headquarters is based in İstanbul.
Article 3: PURPOSE
The purpose of the Association is to represent Turkish organizations who manufacture cold rolled coils and/or continuous galvanized or coated products by purchasing hot rolled coils in accordance with the national and international standards under sectoral alliance.
Article 4: FIELD OF ACTIVITY
- Performing necessary activities to provide support in solving sectoral issues encountered by member organizations;
- Following up with national and international publications and publishing newsletters, bulletins and statistical information to inform members on technical issues;
- Organizing discussions with relevant institutions and organizations to establish standards on raw materials, secondary materials and consumables used in the manufacturing of cold-rolled coils and/or galvanized or coated products and to find solutions to general issues such as changes in import tax rates as well as anti-dumping and safeguard investigations;
- Performing or encouraging the performance of essential and applied research activities required to scale the national technology up to international levels in order to enable and promote production of cold-rolled coils and/or galvanized or coated products by purchasing hot-rolled coils in Turkey and providing an exchange of information and assistance among members in this regard without violating competition laws;
- Organizing seminars and workshops to inform member organizations about the laws, regulations and court decisions relating to rolling and galvanizing industries and related sectors and to exchange necessary technical information;
- Giving opinions on matters relating to proposed legal regulations as might be requested by authorized authorities;
- Playing a role in the establishment of a sectoral legislation;
- Communicating the results of activities to relevant public and private sector organizations as well as the public;
- Organizing meetings, publishing bulletins and newsletters to inform the government, official bodies, media and the public in alignment with the purpose of Association and making recommendations on legal regulations;
- Raising environmental awareness in the industry and reducing, improving and evaluating environmental impacts of industrial processes, creating solutions on recycling and waste disposal in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations;
- Providing efficiency and cost advantage in logistic activities using an economy of scale model in exports.
The Association is not engaged in the following:
- Political activities
- Commercial activities
- Collective bargaining with unions
- The Association does not discuss or influence prices or conditions of sale for products manufactured by member organizations.
Furthermore, the Association does not engage in activities which would violate the Turkish Law or any decisions made by competent authorities which have judicial power on member organizations.
Association membership does not restrict members’ freedom of action. Members are free to associate with other organizations regardless of the activities held by the Association and to publicize their opinions through publication or other means.